Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Painting a 'Peacock'

Peacock is the most beautiful bird (in my opinion).

I had this urge/wish to paint a huge peacock for one of the walls. As I don't want it to be a disaster I made this feather first. Which I believe is one of the most attractive parts of a good looking peacock. Central part of feather has peculiar shades and colors. I had to look at various photographs(close-up) of peacock. National geographic has a good one: Indian Blue Peacock. I used fine brushes to make the central part. AAhhh.. Here it is and I am happy with the outcome...



I wish I had a good camera and skills too to capture the real painting...

To paint the full peacock I don't have very fine brushes which I realized after starting the painting. Here is a drawing of incomplete work..



So for now everything is on hold and I am just happy with this feather!!!

2 comments: